Tuna Melt Sandwich. Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe. This Tuna Melt from Delish.com goes out to all the canned-fish lovers. I wanted to try out my new studio lighting.
Serving them open faced is an easy way to make them healthier and cut the calories. Tuna Melt Sandwiches. "When our children were young, I often fixed these warm crunchy sandwiches," recalls Carole Anhalt of Manitowac, Wisconsin. "They go well with chips and a salad for. A Classic Tuna Melt is one of our favorite lunch recipes ever. You can cook Tuna Melt Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna Melt Sandwich
- You need 1 slice of cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of franks red hot sauce.
- You need 2 slice of dill pickle.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of mayo.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped onion(purple).
- Prepare 1 of bun (any kind).
- Prepare 1 can of tuna.
A tuna melt is a warm, open-faced sandwich made with tuna salad and topped with tomato and melted cheese. To take a tuna melt from good to great, it has to have all the right components. Little different way to serve Tuna Melts. The cheese makes its different and very good Kids like this.
Tuna Melt Sandwich step by step
- Open can of tuna, drain it, and then put it into a mixing bowl..
- Add the chopped onion, Mayo, and hot sauce into the bowl. Mix it all together, so the constituency is in the middle of creamy and dry.
- Cut bun in half, and put as much of the tuna as you want, if there are leftovers save it for later. Tuna also tastes great on crackers!.
- Put the slice of cheese on top. If you have a toaster oven, set it to broil, and place the sandwich on a tray, and then stick it in the oven. Lay the top bun on it's side beside the other bun, so that the cheese will melt faster..
- When the cheese has melted over the tuna, and the buns have been toasted golden, take them out. Add the pickles to the side to garnish. And serve!.
- Note: this only makes around 1 serving..
Sandwich Grilled Cheese Sandwich Tarragon Tuna. Tuna melt recipe with French loaf bread, canned tuna, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parsley, lemon, tarragon. This Tuna Melt Sandwich recipe is so easy and so tasty. My Tuna Melt recipe takes those old tuna sandwiches up a notch and turns them into a very nice, satisfying dinner. Serve it with a fresh green salad dressed with a little vinaigrette.