Homemade Deep-Fried Pickles.
You can have Homemade Deep-Fried Pickles using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Homemade Deep-Fried Pickles
- You need 4-5 of Pickles (large) – The better the pickle the better the taste.
- Prepare of Cooking Oil (I use vegetable oil).
- Prepare 1 cup of ~ Breadcrumbs (I like seasoned panko).
- Prepare 1 cup of ~ Flour.
- You need of Garlic Powder (use a decent amount).
- Prepare of Paprika or Cayenne Powder (not too much).
- You need of Black Peppercorn Pepper (as much as you desire).
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Ranch Dressing.
Homemade Deep-Fried Pickles instructions
- First cut up the pickles into 1/4 inch pieces and set aside..
- Next mix all the dry ingredients (flour, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper) into a decent-sized mixing bowl..
- Then mix eggs and milk (just a little amount of milk is necessary) into a small mixing bowl..
- Now pour cooking oil in a medium-sized cooking pot on the stove. Start to heat the oil. You want the temperature to reach around 325° to 350°. Make sure to leave room for the pickles in the pot so the oil doesn't overflow..
- Next place the cut pickles (a couple at a time) in the egg wash (make sure to cover the whole pickle slices)..
- Then place the cut pickles in the dry ingredients (cover both sides of the pickle slices and pat the dry ingredients down on each side). And set aside..
- Wait till cooking oil is nice and hot and place the pickles into the oil. Be careful you don't splash the hot oil on you. You need to cook the slices in the oil for around 5-6 minutes. When they are golden brown on the outside they are done and ready to remove from the oil..
- While the pickles are cooking set up a plate with a large paper towel on it for the finished product. Use the correct utensil for removing items from the oil (they are metal spoon type items with holes in them for the oil to drain)..
- Finally, put some ranch dressing in a small bowl for dipping. Season with salt and serve warm (be careful they will be really hot right out of the oil). Enjoy!.