Garlic pickle. Preserving garlic by pickling it gives it a longer shelf life. Pickled garlic takes on its own flavor, which is slightly different than fresh. With all these garlic pickles to test we did the obvious thing and had a garlic pickle testing party.
The cloves lose much of their bite, leaving a softer The thought of pickled garlic had never crossed my mind until about a year ago. These pickled garlic cloves take a long time, but they're easy to make and are a real treat. Place garlic cloves in a medium bowl, first cutting the large cloves in half. You can have Garlic pickle using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Garlic pickle
- Prepare 1 cup of garlic soaked in white vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds or rai.
- Prepare 1/3 tablespoon of dhaniya dana or coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds or saunf.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 piece of jaggery.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 of 3 hing or ASAFETIDA.
- It’s 1/4 tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds.
Mix in the red bell pepper. Use mustard oil if you wish to as mustard oil provides a beautiful aroma and pungent flavor but, if you don't like that flavor make use of sesame oil. Use pickled garlic in salad dressings or as part of a pickle plate. They're particularly good when drizzled with a bit of fruity oil.
Garlic pickle step by step
- Soak the garlic for 4 to 5 days.
- Now grind all seeds, but please no need to make it powder. Just grind like make them crunchy..
- Now in a pan make hot sesame oil or sunflower oil and add all grinned seeds..
- Roast them for few a seconds, then add all the spices and in the last add jaggery. mix well.
- Let it cool down little bit and add it to soaked garlic. Strain extra vinegar before adding the tadka mixture.
- Your yummy and healthy garlic pickle is ready but always preserved in glass jars.
During dinner prep, I'll often coarsely chop the pickled cloves and add. Here's a delicious condiment for the garlic lover on your list. You'll be pleasantly surprised how pickling mellows out the garlic, making it a tasty sandwich topper. Come in and see for yourself! Pickled garlic is a staple side dish in Korea.