Chiles Rellenos and Fresh Salsa?.
You can have Chiles Rellenos and Fresh Salsa? using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Chiles Rellenos and Fresh Salsa?
- You need of Chiles Rellenos.
- You need 8 medium of Chiles Poblanos.
- Prepare 1/3 slice of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of whole egg.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 5 of egg whites.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 medium of chile serrano, cut in circles.
- Prepare 1/2 head of onion, chopped large chunks.
- Prepare 4 large of tomatoes, core, cut in 1/2, then 1/2 again.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 5 of chiles de arbol.
- It’s 1 of garlic salt to taste.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 of limes juice.
Chiles Rellenos and Fresh Salsa? step by step
- Preheat oven broiler to 550°F. (For salsa): place all veggies on a baking sheet, roast in the broiler for 7 minutes. Take out, toss in blender, add chiles de arbol, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste..
- (For Chiles Rellenos): rinse and pat dry all chiles, place on a baking sheet, put in broiler for 3-4min, flip the peppers, cook another 3-4min (youll see them blister and toast like the vegetables). As soon as they come out put them in a bowl. And cover with plastic wrap (the skin will loosen up with the steam and make it easier to peel off later) leave in there for 15-20min so you can handle without burning yourself..
- In a bowl blend (electric blender on high) 5 egg whites until its frothy and peaks a little. Mix in the egg yolk. Blend again. Add the whole egg and blend again. Set aside..
- On a flat plate add the flour (for coating peppers) and add salt TN and pepper to the flour..
- Take out the poblanos, peel the skin off (as much as you can)–they may tear, its ok, try to keep them as whole as you can. Use a sharp knife to cut the stem and attached seed comb from the top of each pepper..
- Cut the mozarella cheese slices from the large block. As thick as you want. Stuff each pepper with as much cheese as you want..
- Heat up oil (high) in a pan.
- Roll the stuffed peppers in flour, coat all over. *check the oil heat by sprinkling a pinch of flour and seeing if it sizzles* and then dip and heavily coat the peppers in the egg mixture, coat as much as you can, the more the egg the better :^) quickly toss in hot oil. Watch egg spread out underneath the peppers..
- With a large spoon, spoon hot oil over the pepper and use the same spoon to help fold the spread out egg from under the egg over the top of the pepper. You will begin to notice its browning on the bottom sides, now flip the pepper over, repeat until it browns golden color and feels crispy. Take out and place on strainer with kitchen towels to absorb excess oil..
- Serve over salsa and with your favorite sides (refried beans, red rice, etc..).