You can cook Papaya Salsa using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Papaya Salsa
- It’s 1 of good size piece of papaya (a quarter of a medium sized or half of a small one).
- Prepare 1 small of red onion.
- Prepare 1 large of tomatoe (an heirloom variety might add some additional color).
- You need 1 of 2-3 inch piece of freh turmeric root (optional, but adds a pleasant bite to the salsa).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 of juice of one lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (optional).
Papaya Salsa instructions
- Chop all vegetable ingredients as rough or fine as you like..
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with the lime juice, sugar, salt/pepper and vinegar..
- Grate the turmeric root over the bowl (optional).
- Blend everything together and let sit for a few minutes before serving to allow flavors to develop..
- Serve with tortilla chips. I like black bean tortilla chips or beet tortilla chips. Both add color and additional zestiness to the dish..