You can cook Homemade Salsa using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Homemade Salsa
- Prepare 3 of chubby/medium tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of tomatillos/green tomatoes.
- It’s 6 of Serrano peppers.
- You need 8 of Jalapenos.
- Prepare 3 of medium/large garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of salt.
Homemade Salsa instructions
- Rinse off the veggies and peppers..
- Roast veggies and peppers on a comal/griddle (medium flame) untill the skin is ready to peel off and the meat of the tomatoes change color. The juice will spil. It's ok. Make sure you turn them over so as much of the skin is roasted. Especially the peppers..
- Meanwhile peel garlic cloves and toss in your blender..
- Add the red and green tomatoes to the garlic once they're done. Blend. Add salt to taste..
- Take peppers off griddle as soon as they are done and place on a plate or bowl to cool..
- Remove the skin off the peppers. And the stems if they still have them. You can use your bare fingers or gloves if you like. Your fingers might get….burned with spicy. Lol depends on the pepper..
- Now add them to blender. Blend. And you're done. I like to save jars from things like pasta sauce. Store in glass container..