FRENCH FRIES and Sloppy Sauce.
You can cook FRENCH FRIES and Sloppy Sauce using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of FRENCH FRIES and Sloppy Sauce
- You need 2 large of long potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetable shortening (Crisco).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of dill pickle juice.
FRENCH FRIES and Sloppy Sauce instructions
- Slice potato lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick per slice..
- Then cut each slice into narrow strips for fries cutting them all as close to the same size as you can..
- Heat shortening in 6 quart weighted sauce pan on medium high to high heat. A pan with a weighted bottom will conduct and hold the heat more evenly. When shortening is hot enough, you will be able to see the heat rise. At this point, carefully drop all of the fries in the oil. The grease will splatter . . . Be careful!.
- Fries will cook for 15 minutes. Do not stir other than to make sure they are in the oil at first. When done, remove browned fries from oil with tonges, a spatula, or a big spoon with holes. Salt to your liking while hot. Drain on paper towels..
- Make your classic "Sloppy Sauce" while fries are cooling. In a small bowl, whip together mayonaise, ketchup, and pickle juice with a fork..