Nancy's Potato Salad. This potato salad is like a tradition that we've carried with us and as an Afro-Caribbean family, where potato salad is a touchy subject, Titi Nancy's potato salad always passes the test. Today they share a old family dish with you. If you want to see more go to www.
Named after my friend Nancy who gave me the recipe. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Of course her's was made with regular mayo and sour cream. You can have Nancy's Potato Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Nancy's Potato Salad
- It’s 3 lb of potatoes, peeled, cooked, and cubed.
- It’s 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped dill pickle.
- It’s 1 of * DRESSING*.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of real mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of prepared yellow mustard.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dill pickle juice.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried dill weed.
Boil white potatoes, cut into very small cubes, drain. Layer about half the cantaloupe in the bottom of a large bowl. Nancy's Chopped Salad Adapted mostly from The Mozza Cookbook by Nancy Silverton, Matt Molina and Carolynn Carreno, brought to my attention by Gluten-Free Girl (thanks!) I realize that chopping. Dill pickles add pizzazz to this old-fashioned chilled salad.
Nancy's Potato Salad step by step
- Boil potatoes until just done. Do not overcook as you will end up with mashed potatoes..
- While potatoes are cooking prep your other ingredients: chop your onion, pickles , and peel and chop your eggs. Mix up all the dressing ingredient..
- When potatoes are cooked, drain them in a colander, rinsing them with cold water to stop the cooking process. Let cool. When cool, cut the potatoes into bite sized cubes. Mix everything together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least two hours..
- Serve and Enjoy! (:.
The creamy, well-dressed side dish makes a flavorful and attractive addition to a Fourth of July picnic or church supper.—Nancy Holland, Morgan. This potato salad uses a traditional Greek oil-lemon dressing. Delicious and easy, patatosalata A resident of Greece, Nancy Gaifyllia is a cook who writes about the country's regional specialties. A potato salad recipe is perfect side dish to serve at a picnic or barbecue – choose from a Looking for an easy potato salad recipe? Give the humble spud a quick makeover with a delicious dressing.