Pickled Brussel Sprouts.
You can have Pickled Brussel Sprouts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Pickled Brussel Sprouts
- You need 3 lb of brussel sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of crushed garlic per jar.
- It’s 2 of each Fresh dill sprigs per jar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Pickling spice per jar.
- You need 1 packages of Mrs. Wages dill pickle mix.
- Prepare 8 pints of size canning jars with lids and bands.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper per jar (optional).
- Prepare 6 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 4 cup of bottled water.
- You need 1 of water bath canner.
Pickled Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Wash and trim brussel sprouts set aside. In a large pot bring enough water to a boil to cover sprouts. Blanch brussel for 3 min place in ice bath for 6 min to stop cooking. Drain and set aside..
- In large non reactive pot combine water,vinegar, and dill pickle mix and bring to boil. Simmer until mix has dissolved..
- Sterilize jars and lids.Remove from water and place on towel.
- Place brussel sprouts evenly in jars..
- In jars be sure not to pack to tightly and leave 1/2 inch of head space. Pour hot pickle brine over sprouts until just covered. Wipe rims of jars and place lids and bands on tightened finger tight..
- Process jars in water bath canner for 12 min or according to your elevation above sea level. After processing place jars on a towel to cool. Can be enjoyed after 48 hrs but best after 2 weeks..