Rum Cake. A rum cake is a type of dessert cake which contains rum. In most of the Caribbean, rum cakes are a traditional holiday season dessert, descended from the holiday puddings (such as figgy pudding). Traditionally, dried fruit is soaked in rum for months and then added to dough prepared with sugar.
This ultra-moist cake soaked in rum and vanilla will have you dreaming of white sandy beaches at first bite. Popular in the Caribbean, rum cake is a vanilla cake that has rum in the batter. Traditionally, dried fruit is soaked in rum for months and then added to the cake batter, but we have a more accessible. You can have Rum Cake using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Rum Cake
- It’s of For soaking.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dates dried and fresh.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisin golden and black.
- You need 1/4 cup of glazzed cherries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tutti fruity.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fig.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum or orange juice.
- You need of For cake batter.
- It’s of Wet ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need of Grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mux almond and cashew.
- Prepare of Few orange zest.
This easy, from scratch Rum Cake recipe is topped with a delicious homemade glaze. I love that this rum cake is a classic dessert recipe but it's also unique and always a crowd favorite. This is my homemade version of the famous Duncan Hines rum cake that my grandmother was known near and far for. This rum cake recipe is made from scratch, with rum baked into a delicious yellow bundt cake and drizzled with a butter-rum sauce.
Rum Cake instructions
- Firstly take a airtight container add all soaking ingredients in it and mix it well. Now cover with lid and soaked it for approx 3 days..
- After three days we prepare rum cake for that take a bowl and sieve the all dry ingredients in it and keep aside..
- Now in another bowl take all wet ingredients and beat it well. When it's become little fluffy add orange zest and mix well. Now add dry ingredients little by little and mix well by cut and fold method. Then add grated nutmeg and again gently mix it. Don't beat it..
- After that we add soaked dry fruits and some mix almonds and cashew and again mix well..
- Now grease a round shape cake tin and pour the cake batter in it. Now tap it slowly. Now coated the dry fruit in little bit of a flour and assemble it on the batter..
- Now bake it 160-170° preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. After 49-45 minutes your Rum cake or Christmas cake is ready. Enjoy!.
Rum cake is traditionally a holiday season dessert, inspired by the dried fruit holiday puddings of Britain The cake has evolved over time, becoming more of a sponge cake soaked in rum than a. Taste of Home has the best rum cake recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. This sweet and spirited rum cake recipe is irresistible, and no crumb will be left behind. See more ideas about Rum cake, Cupcake cakes, Desserts. Rum Cake makes a classic holiday dessert and this easy, yet elegant rum cake recipe will quickly become a festive favorite!