Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa". Apple Pie Salsa With Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips -. Cooked brown sugar gives the apples a hint of caramel flavor while cinnamon and nutmeg add a warm fall touch. This apple pie salsa with cinnamon sugar chips makes a fun dessert to bring to football parties, Halloween parties, or even.
These Cinnamon Tortilla Chips are the perfect sweet treat for scooping up fresh Fruit Salsa all summer long. I've served this apple salsa as an appetizer and a snack. Plus, it's sweet enough to be a dessert. You can have Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa" using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa"
- You need 5-6 of tortillas, cut into "chips".
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Caramel.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of cream.
- You need 1 of apple, diced very small (minced).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Apple Pie Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips.
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Apple Caramel "Salsa" step by step
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and sugar together. Once this is melted, add the apple and bring to boil. Add your salt Once this has come to boil, slowly add the cream..
- Once you add the cream, bring it to a bubble and cook for about 5-8 min. Then remove from heat and let cool..
- Arrange your tortilla chips on a sheet tray, brush each piece with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar..
- Bake the tortilla chips in a 400°F oven for about 6 min or until brown and crispy..
- Note: the caramel will look loose at first, but when it cools it will be thick.
This dessert is a nod to the Mexican-American fusion we see on Cinco De Mayo. It combines a dip that's as The butter and brown sugar melt into a caramel sauce while cinnamon and nutmeg add a spicy kick. Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips Recipe: Easy: Learn how to make: great with dips and fruit salsa, ice cream: Baked, healthy snack, dessert or appetizer. The BEST fresh fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips! So I've been slowly updating a few of my favorite recipes on this site and next up is this fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips.