Mexican Guajillo Salsa. Mild salsa recipe made with dried guajillo chile, a mild chile with a complex fruity flavor. The guajillo is one of the most popular chiles in Mexico for preparing salsas. It's also known as the cascabel ancho.
Step up your chip and dip game with this Mexican guajillo chile salsa. Using dried chile guajillo peppers means you can have tasty salsa all year round. This Roasted Tomato Guajillo Salsa is not hot. You can have Mexican Guajillo Salsa using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mexican Guajillo Salsa
- It’s 6 of Guajillo Chilies.
- You need 5 of Tomatoes or Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 dash of Garlic cloves.
- You need 1 dash of Sea salt.
- You need 1 dash of Cilantro.
It has a deep, rich flavour. There are two main types of salsas in Mexican cooking; the cooked type, as illustrated by this one, and fresh ones, which are used. Fontera Guajillo Salsa with Roasted Garlic and Tomatillo is a salsa that's pure Mexican Flavor – tangy tomatillos and sweet roasted garlic, all engulfed in the slow smolder or earthy red guajillo chiles. How to prepare our guajillo chile salsa recipe.
Mexican Guajillo Salsa instructions
- Wash all the vegetables, then clean the guajillos cut the backs and fronts of the chilies, the take out the seeds, if you don't want the sauce to be very hot or take out the seeds of some of the chilies. put the chilies to boil with a dash of sea salt. Meanwhile in a mexican comal or stovetop grill, burn and grill the onion, garlic cloves and tomatoes. When the chilies are tender put the with their boling water in to a mortar or mexican molcajete or a blender, smash them a little bit, then add the rest of the vegetables and keep shashing them up until thay are all chunky crushed and blended, then check salt to taste, and serv, adding on top a dash of crushed fresh cilantro and onion if you want. This sauce is great on all grilled poultry, meats, quesadillas, tacos and delicious with fried eggs ranchero style. Mmmmm yummy..
Dried Guajillo chiles have fruity undertones and are a great all purpose Mexican dried chili pepper. Guajillo chile peppers are very common to Mexican cooking. Guajillos are used to make many flavorful sauces and salsa for tamales. Remove salsa and stir once more. Salsa macha is a unique Mexican salsa that comes from Veracruz.