Mike's Tangy Dill Tarter Sauce.
You can cook Mike's Tangy Dill Tarter Sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Tangy Dill Tarter Sauce
- You need 1/2 Cup of Quality Mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Quality Sour Cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Champagne Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon Or Coarse Ground Mustard [preferably Ingelhoffers Original Stone Ground].
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice [+ reserve wedges upon serving].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Minced Green Onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Dill [+ reserves for garnish].
- You need 2 tbsp of Clausens Dill Pickle Halves [the best, crispiest brand out there – found in chilled section of your supermarket].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Shallots Or Purple Onions [fine minced].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chilled Capers.
Mike's Tangy Dill Tarter Sauce step by step
- Here's all you'll need. Make sure every ingredient is pre-chilled..
- Authors Note: You can use Dijon Mustard or Stone Ground Mustard. I prefer stone ground but, my guests wanted to try Dijon tonight. It wasn't bad..
- Chop your chilled vegetables..
- Add everything to a blender and pulse. Don't puree. You'll want some chunks in your tarter sauce. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Whisk your sauce occasionally. Know it only gets better with extended fridge time!.
- This sauce goes great with crispy, homemade Pita Chips..
- Garnish sauce with fresh Dill. Serve with lemon wedges to the side. Enjoy!.