Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa.
You can have Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa
- Prepare of Salsa.
- Prepare 2 large of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 large of White Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 large of Purple Onion.
- You need 4 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- Prepare 1 medium of Bunch Cilantro [leaves and stems].
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery [with leaves].
- Prepare 5 large of Jalapeños [seeds left in].
- It’s 1 can of 10 oz ROTELL Tomatoes With Green Chilies.
- Prepare 1 can of 4 oz Hatch Green Chilies [add fluid in can] Or, 4 oz Fresh Hatch Chilies.
- You need 1/2 of Juiced Lime.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar [or, to taste].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt [or, to taste].
- You need 1 tsp of Black Pepper [or, to taste].
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Each: Garlic Powder & Onion Powder.
Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa instructions
- Throw everything in a blender and blend to the consistency of your preference. Know that there's not a lot of fluid in this specific Salsa recipe. Slowly add fluids like broth or water to your preference..
- Refrigerate straight from the blender or, you can cook this salsa in a pot on the stove until boiling – then simmer for only a few minutes. Then refrigerate. It's better to boil it tho..
- If you decide your salsa is a bit too acidic tasting [caused by tomatoes & jalapeños] for your liking – add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda while your salsa is bubbling and mix well. Repeat this step if you decide it's still too acidic for your liking. Know that your salsa will foam up and discolor with this addition but, no worries – she'll settle right back down..
- For a memorable contrast, add some additional fresh, fine chopped onions, jalapeños and cilantro to your salsa once it's fully cooled. Serve with homemade, seasoned Tortilla Chips. Or, serve over or, alongside most any primary Mexican dish you choose. Enjoy!.