Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad.
You can cook Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad
- Prepare 1 (5 Pound) of Bag Idaho Russet Potatoes [peels left on].
- You need of ● For The Proteins.
- Prepare 25 of LG Egglands Best Eggs [use older eggs – easier to peel].
- You need of ● For The Cream Sauce.
- You need 1 (30 oz) of Bottle Kraft Mayonnaise.
- You need 1-1 1/2 Cups of Whole Milk [or, to your desired thickness].
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Yellow Mustard.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Celery Seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Celery Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of ● For The Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Celery With Leaves [chopped].
- It’s 1 Jar of Clausens Dill Pickles [be sure to use this brand – found i.
- Prepare 2 Cans of LG Black Olives [drained – cut in half].
- Prepare 3 of LG White Onions [rough chop].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley.
Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad instructions
- Here's what you'll need..
- Rinse and scrub your potatoes well..
- Bring your [older] eggs to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and cover eggs with a tight fitting lid. Let eggs rest in hot water for 18 minutes..
- Place potatoes in water and boil for 25 to 30 minutes. When a knife can easily penetrate your largest potato – you'll know they're ready..
- Allow potatoes to cool in sink..
- Rinse in cold water immediately to arrest the cooking process..
- Peel eggs and seperate your yolks from your whites. Chop egg whites in to quarters and place in fridge..
- Mash your egg yolks..
- Add everything in the Cream Sauce section. Mix well with a whisk and refrigerate sauce..
- Chop potatoes into 1" cubes..
- Chop all of your vegetables and mix well. Consistently pre-mixing along the way will help you out greatly upon your final mix with your super messy cream sauce..
- Add your chopped egg whites and mix well again..
- Equally devide vegetables and solid egg whites in to 2 separate large bowls a this recipe will make a large batch. Mix well again..
- Equally devide potatoes in to each bowl and mix well..
- Equally devide your sauce mixture in to each bowl. Gently mix/fold from the base of bowls as to not break up your potatoes..
- Refrigerate and gentry stir occasionally. Let salad rest overnight in fridge for best results. Before serving – dash salad with Paprika and Celery Salt..