Fig spoon sweet. Spoon sweets are sweet preserves, served in a spoon as a gesture of hospitality in Albania, Greece, Cyprus, the Balkans, parts of the Middle East, and Russia. They can be made from almost any fruit, though sour and bitter fruits are especially prized. There are also spoon sweets produced without fruit.
Fig spoon sweet is a very special delight of amazing taste and aroma. The Fig from VASSILIKI NATURAL PRODUCTS is made of fresh, unripe figs, collected in early spring from wild fig trees. Great recipe for Fig spoon sweet. You can have Fig spoon sweet using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. This is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig spoon sweet
- It’s 50 of figs.
- You need 2 kg of sugar.
- It’s of almonds without the skins, as many as the figs (a few more don't matter).
- You need of cloves, as many as the figs.
- Prepare of juice of one lemon.
- It’s 6 cups of water.
I made this recipe using figs that I picked at the beginning of June. I didn't need to deseed them and they turned out very tasty. Handmade Spoon Sweet Fig by Vana's. Spoon sweets are a traditional Greek sweet that was originally used as a way to preserve the harvest.
Fig spoon sweet step by step
- Cut a small ring at the bottom of the figs, not the stem side, circularly with a knife and punch the figs with a fork or a skewer in 2-3 places..
- Boil the figs in a pot for 10 minutes in plenty of water..
- Drain them, rinse and drain again. They should have softened a bit by now. Insert an almond from underneath each fig (the side that you previously cut). Stud them on the side with a clove, as well..
- Put the cups of water, the sugar and figs in a pot to make the syrup as well as boil the figs. Skim off the foam if necessary..
- Boil for only 15 minutes and leave the figs in the syrup overnight..
- The following day boil the sweet until the syrup thickens and towards the end add the lemon juice..
- Finally, store in sterilized jars, while still hot..
While classified as preserves, spoon sweets are different from jams and marmalades. The main ingredient is usually whole or sliced with its color and texture preserved; to keep the latter, Greeks. The spoon sweet (fruit preserve) is made when the figs are still green and unripe whereas the jam is made when figs are ripe. #Grape fruit spoon sweet (γλυκό κουταλιού σταφύλι). Spoon sweets are as typical of #greek cooking, as feta and olive oil, and used to be the pinnacle of greek hospitality, always available for guests that. Baby fig spoon sweet with jaggery and Himalayan black salt