Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney.
You can cook Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney
- Prepare 250 grams of De-stoned and chopped plums.
- It’s 250 grams of Chopped fresh figs.
- You need 120 grams of Raisins.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 2 medium of size red onion.
- Prepare 150 grams of Demerara sugar.
- Prepare 200 ml of Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Allspice.
- It’s 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Each salt and black pepper.
Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney instructions
- Very finely chop the onion, add to a heavy base saucepan with a dash of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes to soften the onion, don't burn it!.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, cook for further 5 minutes stirring so as not to burn the garlic or onion..
- Add all other ingredients to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently so it dosnt stick to the bottom..
- Taste it a few times during cooking and adjust to your own taste, mine was a bit sweet initially but a few more drops of vinegar and a pinch of pepper made it perfect..
- When cooled, add to jars and refriderate. Should keep for about 4 weeks..