Baby fig spoon sweet. It uses unripe figs, and the great thing about unripe figs is that the birds won't have eaten them before you can pick them. Great recipe for Baby fig spoon sweet. Even though it's a bit troublesome, this is one of the best spoon sweets.
While fresh figs are available twice a. Spoon sweets are sweet preserves, served in a spoon as a gesture of hospitality in Albania, Greece, Cyprus, the Balkans, parts of the Middle East, and Russia. They can be made from almost any fruit, though sour and bitter fruits are especially prized. You can have Baby fig spoon sweet using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Baby fig spoon sweet
- You need 1 kg of figs.
- It’s of very little copper sulfate.
- You need 1 kg of sugar.
- It’s of 1 lemon.
- It’s cloves of or vanilla.
There are also spoon sweets produced without fruit. Alanna and Phi picked up tons of green figs for our supper club and we decided on a couple of recipes to see if these figs could be used. One of the recipes that stood out was this baby fig spoon sweet or Sikalaki Gliko. Baby fig spoon sweet with jaggery and Himalayan black salt
Baby fig spoon sweet instructions
- Cut off the stems of the figs and leave them to sit in water for 2-3 hours..
- Strain them and place them in fresh water..
- Add a little copper sulfate to the water to turn it light blue..
- Place the figs in it and let them sit for half an hour..
- Rinse them thoroughly, press them lightly to discard the water and place one blanched almond into each fig..
- Boil the sugar with a cup of water, add the figs into the syrup and boil for 15 minutes! Remove from heat and set aside for 24 hours..
- Then add the lemon juice, the vanilla or the cloves and boil once more until it thickens..
Fig spoon sweet is a very special delight of amazing taste and aroma. The Fig from VASSILIKI NATURAL PRODUCTS is made of fresh, unripe figs, collected in early spring from wild fig trees, scattered throughout Greece. Handmade Spoon Sweet Fig by Vana's. Spoon sweets are a traditional Greek sweet that was originally used as a way to preserve the harvest. How to Prepare Fig Spoon Sweet (Sika) Lovely tea spoon with polymer clay decor in shape of white baby unicorn.