Biscotti with figs and anise. Plain Biscotti (vanilla flavored) Anise-Almond Biscotti Chocolate Biscotti Chocolate-Pistachio Biscotti Cranberry-White Chocolate I first tried biscotti with a recipe from your site (chocolate-pistachio) and fell in love with it. This looks amazing with the walnuts and figs.yumm! I've made it several times even substituting almond extract for the anise extract with terrific results.
These almond anise biscotti are bursting with toasted almonds and subtle anise flavor. They are ideal for dunking in a cup of coffee or tea. The longer you bake the biscotti the second time, the harder they are. You can have Biscotti with figs and anise using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. This is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Biscotti with figs and anise
- It’s 260 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 115 g of unsalted butter (at room temperature).
- Prepare 1 of little salt.
- You need 150 g of sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s of zest of one orange.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of anise (ground together with a little flour).
- You need 200 g of dried figs cut into small pieces (after you boil them first for 5 minutes over moderate heat so that they soften).
Tips for Making Almond Anise Biscotti. Traditional ANISE BISCOTTI, it's a huge favorite of my husband and brother-in-law, they love that sweet licorice taste of the anise. Dried fig with just a hint of orange and anise flavors the crunchy biscotti that is studded with pistachio's. You can't beat this with a warm cup of espresso on the side.
Biscotti with figs and anise instructions
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, the salt and the anise in a large bowl..
- Cream the butter with the sugar in the mixer. Add the eggs and the orange zest and then add the flour mixture little by little..
- Finally add the figs and fold in with a spatula so that all the ingredients are well combined..
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and with wet hands (because the dough is sticky) form the dough into a roll of about 30 cm long..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes so you can cut it with a knife into diagonal thin slices 1 cm thick which you place back into the baking tray. Bake for an additional 20 minutes (10 minutes per side)..
My aunt would make anise recipes all the time for dessert and these biscotti were my favorite. I can remember walking into the house and I'd almost swoon when I smelled them baking—the aroma seemed to fill every room. Anise Biscotti Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Here is a recipe for Double Anise Biscotti, the perfect accompaniment for coffee or tea. They also make Christmas gifts for family or friends.