Salad with lettuce, arugula, figs and pine nuts. A vibrant, peppery arugula Parmesan salad with pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon proves that simple is best. This goes with everything and is hands-down the easiest salad you'll ever make! Planning out main courses is pretty straightforward, or at least common practice.
Peppery arugula combines with tangy lemon, salty cheese, and sweet toasted pine nuts for a perfectly balanced side salad. If you add the oil all at once, it's harder to combine it with the acid, and it ends up looking like the dressing is separated. Serve this salad with grilled chicken or seared steak or top. You can cook Salad with lettuce, arugula, figs and pine nuts using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Salad with lettuce, arugula, figs and pine nuts
- It’s 1 of large head of lettuce.
- It’s 1 bunch of arugula.
- It’s 2 tbsp of boiled corn.
- It’s 1 of small packet pine nuts.
- Prepare 2-3 of dried figs.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of hard cheese (graviera, a Greek traditional cheese).
Give me all the healthy salad recipes! I can't get enough of salads these days. I know pine nuts are quite expensive so are a bit of an indulgence, but you don't need much. You can substitute it with other nuts, but if you're making Also, rocket lettuce (arugula for those on the other side of the pond) works well with this if you want a bit more of an edge to it.
Salad with lettuce, arugula, figs and pine nuts instructions
- Roast the pine nuts over moderate heat and place them in a deep bowl together with the lettuce, the arugula, the corn and the dried figs that you have cut into very thin slices..
- Dissolve the honey in the vinegar and finally add the salt and the oil, pour everything on the salad and toss well..
- Finally, garnish the salad with the cheese that you have cut into very thin small slices and your salad is ready to serve! Bon appétit!.
Cut the iceberg, but there is no need to cut the arugula. In a large salad bowl, lightly season the arugula and radicchio with salt and pepper. Add the remaining plums and the pine nuts, and toss with enough of the dressing to coat lightly. Toss pine nuts separately with a little vinaigrette. I finished the salad with toasted pine nuts from the freezer and Parmesan shavings.