Chicken teriyaki. This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe tastes better than takeout. Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and simple dinner. Teriyaki chicken is a Japanese dish with teriyaki sauce.
Juicy and tender chicken is glazed in a flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce! It's easy to make this take-out classic in your oven, on the grill, or using your pressure cooker. Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going back. You can have Chicken teriyaki using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Chicken teriyaki
- It’s 300 grams of Chicken Breast cut into 1 ½-inch pcs or cook it whole.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Kikkoman or (Any Soy Sauce).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Light Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
- It’s of Steam rice or Steamed Broccoli.
- It’s of Spring Onion (garnish).
- Prepare of Sesame Seeds.
- You need of optional ingredients.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of Kirin.
Teriyaki is derived from the Japanese root words teri, to shine, and yaki, to broil or grill That's the That's the way traditional teriyaki looks: shiny and incised with grill marks. In Japan, teriyaki is a mix. Chicken Teriyaki (鳥照り焼き ) or Teriyaki Chicken is a Japanese dish that uses a cooking technique called Teriyaki. With this technique, the foods are coated with a glaze of soy sauce.
Chicken teriyaki instructions
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat..
- Stir fry chicken until lightly browned and crisp..
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, Sake/vinegar and Mirin to combine. Set aside..
- Add the garlic to the same pan and saute until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds)..
- Pour in the sauce and allow to cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Meanwhile slice the chicken and put on the top or steamed rice, pour the sauce springkle with the sesame seeds and lastly with spring onion..
This American-style chicken teriyaki is a little salty, a little sweet, a little sour, and has just the tiniest hint of spice from minced ginger: exactly what you'd want for dinner after a long day at work. Teriyaki Chicken is such a classic Japanese dish that is beyond simple to make! But, to make juicy and classic Japanese teriyaki chicken you need chicken thigh with the skin on. How to make teriyaki chicken with skinless chicken breasts poached in homemade teriyaki sauce, served with toasted sesame seeds. A Quick Homemade Teriyaki Sauce from the Pantry.