Plum, fig and almond cake. Great recipe for Plum, fig and almond cake. The kids are back at school. The kitchen is half finished and a It was an easy win.
While we've got nothing against homey, which is what author Domenica Marchetti dubs this dessert, we think this lovely little looker of a cake has a little haute going on, too. She prefers how this simple cake "celebrates September, when farmers' markets are. I am sad to say that I am getting very close to the end of my fresh figs. You can cook Plum, fig and almond cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. This is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Plum, fig and almond cake
- You need 100 g of ground almonds.
- You need 100 g of unrefined golden caster sugar plus 50g for topping.
- It’s 75 g of plain flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 125 ml of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 300 g of plums.
- It’s 100 g of figs.
The two trees that I pick from are just about finished and I may I originally made this recipe using Italian prune plums and found it delicious, but since the original New York Times recipe used fresh figs, I decided I. Is it a tart or a cake – I'm opting for cake (I think). Anyway it has a lovely rich almondy base, a layer of sticky figs and then topped with fresh figs & plums. I love using these beautiful seasonal fruits and I think it pairs really well with almond – but… Whisk flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Plum, fig and almond cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Butter a 25cm springform cake tin..
- Mix together the almonds, sugar, flour and salt in the bowl of a Kitchenaid mixer or similar, or just in a large mixing bowl..
- In a separate jug, beat the eggs, add the milk and almond extract, and then stir in the melted butter..
- Add the contents of the jug to the dry ingredients and beat well until you have a smooth batter..
- Scrape the batter into the cake tin..
- Half and de-stone your plums, then chop each half into four slices. Quarter your figs without quite cutting through the base so that you can open the fruit out into a four-petalled flower..
- Scatter the plum slices evenly over the batter, then arrange the figs on top. Sprinkle the extra 1/4 cup of sugar over the top..
- Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden and a skewer pushed into the center of the cake comes out clean..
Fresh figs and ripe plums crown the top of this buttery, almond-scented snack cake. Make this cake work for you all year round by swapping in seasonal fruit favorites like peaches View image. Fig-and-Plum Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Made in Spain with figs and almonds and without flour or eggs or sugar, this fig "cake" is moist and delicious. I cut it into eighths and eat one slice after.