Chicken adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Pour the adobo sauce into the pan. You can have Chicken adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- It’s 3-5 pcs of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Boil until it reduces to half. Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar I've done some research, and while there are a lot of chicken adobo recipes out there that don't.
Chicken adobo step by step
- Mix everything.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes, while turning chicken to cook evenly every 5 minutes. When sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat and serve with warm rice.
- (Optional) Can fry lightly fry the chicken before cooking with the marinate.
PHILIPPINES The preparation for this chicken dish is endlessly adaptable, and nearly every Philippine cook prepares adobo in a slightly different way. Whether consumed in Manila's heat or on the edge of a New York winter, adobo holds the power to change moods and alter dining habits. Chicken adobo is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend too much time to cook, yet delicious and appeal to everyone. This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce. I first became interested in chicken adobo when I saw a recipe for it using a slow cooker.