Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices). Betutu is an Indonesian-Balinese dish of steamed or roasted chicken or duck in rich bumbu betutu (betutu spice mix). This highly seasoned and spiced dish is a popular dish in Bali and Lombok, Indonesia. Betutu is the Balinese term for using a whole chicken marinated in rich aromatic spices and herbs and then steamed and/or grill.
Season with salt and pepper and tamarind water. Wrap chicken completely with banana leaves or greased. Ayam Betutu – Chicken with spices. You can have Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
- It’s 1/2 of free range chicken (rub with salt and lime for 30 min).
- Prepare of Blended spices.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of ginger.
- It’s 1 of thumb of galangal.
- Prepare of Small pcs of turmeric.
- It’s 5 of candlenut.
- It’s 3 pcs of lemongrass.
- You need 7 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Roughly chopped spices.
- It’s 2 pcs of lemongrass.
- It’s 5 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 of lime leaves.
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- It’s of Additional.
- It’s of Banana leaves for cover.
- Prepare of Aluminium foil.
Betutu is a Balinese dish of steamed or roasted chicken or duck. This highly seasoned and spiced dish is a popular dish in Bali. All reviews ayam betutu chilli chicken soup fries great food vegetables taste warung. Review tags are currently only available for English language i love this betutu very much, spicy and make me sweat but its realy realy good, very recomended place to having original betutu in Bali, for sure will be back. main dish Balinese Roasted Chicken
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) step by step
- Blend all the blended spices.
- Heat a pan, sauteé the blended spice until fragrant. Afterwards, bring the roughly chopped spices in until it's cooked..
- Rinse the chicken well, place it on the banana leaves, then rub it with the cooked spices. Wrap in the leaves and let it cool in the fridge for minimum an hour (better overnight)..
- Next, wrap the banana leaves with aluminium foil and steam the chicken until it's tender (mine roughly 1 hour)..
Ayam Betutu, original, Indonesian, cooking recipe, step-by-step. Here's one of our family's favorite dishes: Ayam Bumbu Betutu. This dish is one of most popular dishes which originated from the Balinese ethnic group, and is now commonly served. Another spices recipes from Bali, Gods Island. This recipe was modified from my cookbook that I brought from Indonesia, Hidangan Ayam ala Resto by Sufi S.