Dates and Figs Pudding.
You can have Dates and Figs Pudding using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. This is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Dates and Figs Pudding
- Prepare 100 gm of soft dates.
- Prepare 70 grams of soft dried figs.
- Prepare 120 of mili litre milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of gelatin/equal amount of China grass.
- It’s 50 grams of mixed nuts.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
Dates and Figs Pudding step by step
- Deseed and chop the dates. chop the figs in smaller pieces.
- Soak them in warm water covered, for 15-20 minutes until they soften.
- Lightly toast and powder the nuts fine.
- Dissolve the gelatin in a bowl of warm water(use only 6-8 tablespoon of water).
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottom saucepan and let it come to a boil slowly.
- Meanwhile strain purée the dates, figs(If needed use very little water used for soaking).
- As the milk comes to a boil, reduce heat and add the dates-fig purée and mix well.
- Continue to cook on Low heat as the milk thickens.
- After about 5-7 minutes, add the gelatin mixture and mixed nuts..
- Combine well and keep cooking for another 7-10 minutes, as the milk reduces and thickens further.
- Take off heat and pour the mixture into containers/moulds you would want to set the pudding into.
- Let cool completely. Close the lids and refrigerate for 2-3 hours for the pudding to set.
- Transfer onto serving bowls by inverting the mould.
- Toddlers/even slightly grown up kids can enjoy the pudding chilled, while babies can be fed at room temperature.