Lexie’s Chicken Florentine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Save Recipe. "Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and. Florentine chicken is a tasty casserole made with cooked spinach and chicken in a creamy sauce, and a ham and Parmesan cheese topping.
If your usual chicken breast routine is starting to feel a little ho-hum, this simple recipe is sure to shake things up. Perfectly seared chicken breasts are nestled into a decadent cream sauce that's bolstered. Chicken Florentine Recipe – How to Make Chicken Florentine For ingredient list and complete recipe visit. You can cook Lexie’s Chicken Florentine using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Lexie’s Chicken Florentine
- You need 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded even (1”-1 1/4” in thickness).
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee if you have it).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 8 ounces of white mushrooms (sliced or quartered).
- You need 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 cups of baby spinach leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
This easy chicken florentine casserole is quick and easy to prepare. I've been away this week on a business trip this week. This Creamy Chicken Florentine with a creamy sauce and spinach is pure comfort food for days when you This is a simple chicken Florentine recipe where chicken is simmered in a creamy wine and. This garlicky Chicken Florentine Casserole uses warming nutmeg, oregano, rich chicken broth This Chicken Florentine Casserole operates using the same trickery.
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (cast iron skillet is best!). Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on medium-medium high (6 or so on an electric stove) for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan..
- Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel..
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more..
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Cook for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half..
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half and has started to thicken. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper..
- Add the spinach to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Stir the mushrooms into the sauce..
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken..
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve as is, or over pasta 😋.
With baked pasta recipes, it's easy. Creamy Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe – This easy, creamy chicken florentine soup recipe is simple to make using just a few common ingredients. Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie – A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach And this Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie is just as delicious. It's a perfectly kinda rustic, fancy, low. Chicken Florentine is so flavorful that even the kids won't complain about eating the spinach.