Fig and Walnut Whole Wheat Bread.
You can have Fig and Walnut Whole Wheat Bread using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig and Walnut Whole Wheat Bread
- Prepare 150 grams of ☆ All purpose or semi-strong bread flour (Lys d'Or brand).
- It’s 50 grams of ☆ Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 4 grams of ☆ Dry yeast.
- It’s 8 grams of ☆ Sugar.
- You need 3 grams of ☆ Salt.
- You need 120 ml of Water.
- Prepare 50 grams of Dried figs.
- It’s 25 grams of Walnuts.
- Prepare 1 of Additional bread flour for dusting.
Fig and Walnut Whole Wheat Bread step by step
- Pour boiling water over the figs. drain and chop nto 1 cm pieces. Roast the walnuts in a 170℃ oven without preheating, and crush finely..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients in a bowl and mix with a dough scraper. Add water and mix well with the dough scraper..
- Add water and mix. When the dough comes together, remove from the bowl onto a flat surface..
- Set aside the bench scraper, and use your hands to knead and roll. After 5 minutes of kneading, spread out the dough and sprinkle half the amount of figs and walnuts on top..
- Roll up the dough, working forward away from your body..
- After rolling up the dough, place it with the seam side facing up, and put the remaining figs and walnuts on top..
- After placing the figs and walnuts, rotate the dough 90 degrees, and roll it up tightly working away from your body..
- Place the rolled dough into a bowl and allow to rise for 40 minutes at 35℃, until the dough has risen to 2 ～ 2.5 times its original size..
- After the first rise is completed, deflate the dough (punch down gently with your fist)..
- Flatten the dough, and fold the top and bottom edges towards the center..
- Fold in half again Seal the seams tightly and place kitchen parchment paper lines baking tray..
- Allow the dough to rise until double the original size at 35℃ for 25 minutes..
- Sprinkle some white (Lys d'Or) or whole wheat flour on the surface and make slash the top of the loaf 3 to 4 times diagonally..
- Bake for 20-23 minutes in a preheated oven at 220℃. Done..