You can have Fig Tart using 17 ingredients and 18 steps. This is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Tart
- Prepare 5 of Figs in Syrup.
- Prepare of Tart crust:.
- It’s 80 grams of Flour.
- It’s 40 grams of Strong bread flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 70 grams of Margarine.
- Prepare 40 ml of Cold water.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 50 grams of Almond flour.
- You need 5 grams of Plain flour.
- It’s 50 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 30 grams of Margarine (brought to room temperature).
- You need 1 of Whole egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rum.
- Prepare 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s of For the finish:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Apricot jam.
Fig Tart instructions
- Cut the margarine into 1 cm cubes, wrap in aluminum foil, and freeze..
- Mix all the dry ingredients and margarine in a food processor..
- Stop when it becomes fine crumbs. Mix in a little cold water..
- The dough is formed when the flour is mostly incorporated. Try not to add too much water..
- Form the dough into one clump, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- With a rolling pin, spread the dough, fold into 3, then rotate 90 degrees, and repeat until it's as large as the tart pan..
- Put the dough into a tart pan and trim the edges hanging out. Chill in the refrigerator until the filling is done..
- In a bowl, cream the margarine and sugar..
- Add the eggs a little bit at a time. If you add it all at once, it'll separate so be careful..
- Mix in the rum..
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients, and mix..
- Add heavy cream a little bit at a time, and then add in the filling when it is finished..
- Add the filling to the unbaked crust..
- Lightly drain the figs, cut into your preferred size, and lay on top..
- Bake at 180ºC for 45-50 minutes. If the surface looks like it's about to scorch, cover with aluminum foil..
- Once the tart has cooled, remove from the tart pan and brush on strained apricot jam on the surface..
- During Step 14, cut the figs into small pieces and arrange them so that when you eat it every bite is delicious..
- This tart has small pieces of figs scattered on the bottom before pouring in the filling, and the remaining pieces garnished on top..