Jollof rice,chips, pepper meat n coleslaw. Jollof rice is a staple in most African homes. Jollof rice is a staple in most African homes. It's served at parties and several occasions and packed with so much flavor.
Parboiled Rice, Fried meat, Potato, Blended pepper and onion, Seasonings, Garlic, Cabbage, Carrots. Very delicious and simple jollof rice recipe, use ingredients and seasonings to your taste. Ingredients: Jollof Rice with Goat meat & fried plantain Rice Goat meat Spring onions Diced carrots and peas Ginger Garlic Green bell pepper Hot pepper Onions Canola oil Salt Tomato paste Tomatoes. You can have Jollof rice,chips, pepper meat n coleslaw using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jollof rice,chips, pepper meat n coleslaw
- You need of Parboiled Rice.
- Prepare of Fried meat.
- Prepare of Potato.
- You need of Blended pepper and onion.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Coleslaw.
- You need of Cabbage.
- You need of Carrots.
- It’s of Boiled eggs.
- It’s of Powdered milk.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Bama.
The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. This is so that whenever you want to cook any jollof rice related dish, it is just a matter of adding it to your cooking. Serve with Peppered Fish, Fried Plantains, Nigerian Moi Moi, Nigerian Salad or Coleslaw. I made Jollof rice, fried plantains, my special coleslaw and peppered chicken.
Jollof rice,chips, pepper meat n coleslaw step by step
- Add oil in a pan and fry blended pepper,add seasonings then water. Cover and let it to boil..
- Pour parboiled Rice and cover,grate onion and garlic then add and cover to let it cook. Wash the veggies and cut..
- In a bowl add veggies, chopped onion,eggs,bama n milk then mix..
- Add oil in different pan, pour blended pepper,add seasonings,let it fry and then add fried meat and let it steam..
- Peel potatoes,wash and fry in hot oil with a pinch of salt..
The chef Tunde Wey is based in New Orleans, but he was born in Nigeria, where jollof rice is a well-loved dish. The rice is cooked in a flavorful tomato and pepper purée; his version is vegan, and laced with chile heat. The Nigerian jollof rice is often served as a side dish for meats or fish. Often, the chicken or other kind of meat is already included in the dish. It could also be served with fried plantains, with a dish called moi-moi, which is actually a Nigerian steamed bean pudding, with coleslaw or steamed vegetables.