You can cook Fig Compote using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Compote
- You need 750 grams of Figs (stems removed).
- It’s 250 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 100 of to 150 ml Water.
Fig Compote step by step
- Wash the figs and discard the stem ends. Add in a pan and cover with sugar. Make sure the figs don't fall apart..
- Swirl in the water and simmer over low-medium heat gently so that the figs don't fall apart..
- I simmered with with an otoshibuta or drop lid made with a scrunched up aluminum foil with several holes poked in it. This also helps remove any scum from the surface..
- When there's almost no moisture left and it has taken on a syrupy consistency, it's done. Transfer to a storage container. It will keep for a while in the refrigerator!.
- Add to plain yogurt instead of jam, mix the fig into the yogurt and enjoy. It's pretty sweet, so one fig is enough!.