Cole Slaw, southern style. Homemade coleslaw with mayo and white vinegar. Now, I know there are lots of cool coleslaw mixes out there and you can buy the pre-shredded cabbage nowadays but if you want real-deal Southern-style coleslaw, you've got to shred your own cabbage. This Southern Style Cole Slaw has been a staple at our BBQ gatherings for as long as I can remember.
The buck stops here for you with this recipe. I love so many different kinds of cole slaw. This is a very good version of the creamy category of slaw. You can cook Cole Slaw, southern style using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cole Slaw, southern style
- Prepare 1 small of head cabbage, chopped fine.
- It’s 2 of carrots, grated.
- Prepare 2 stick of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s of dressing.
- You need 1 cup of real mayo.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
- You need pinch of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
This slaw may be made days ahead in stages. Coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning 'cabbage salad'), also known as cole slaw or simply slaw, is a side dish consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, commonly either vinaigrette or mayonnaise. View top rated Southern style cole slaw recipes with ratings and reviews. Broccoli Cole Slaw with Craisins, Murphy's Cole Slaw, Southern Style barbecue Chicken, etc.
Cole Slaw, southern style instructions
- Prep veggies for slaw, chop fine or grate cabbage. Mix dressing up in separate container..
- Pour dressing on veggies and mix. Let sit in fridge at least two hours before eating. Preferably overnight..
- Enjoy this as a taste of summer!.
This southern style coleslaw is a creamy, sweet and tangy addition to any meal. It's perfect to serve alongside delicious smokey barbeuce. For the slaw mix, just finely slice about a quarter of each red and green cabbage, grate a small carrot and finely slice a quarter to a half of a medium red onion. This slaw is a nice change from those with mayo. It's also quite easy and great for this hot weather.