Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw.
You can have Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw
- It’s of main.
- Prepare 2 lb of brussel sprouts.
- You need of dressing.
- It’s 6 tbsp of olive oil (or oil of your choice).
- You need 2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of diced shallot or onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of grated garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (1 tsp if kosher).
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of finish.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheese (Picorino, parmesan, asiago).
- You need 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts or slivered almond (optional).
Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw instructions
- Clean your sprouts, remove bad outer leaves, cut excessive stems. Dry them off..
- I used the cutter/slicing blade in my food processor, you can cut them with a knife also..
- For the food processor, use a feed tube. Put a small amount of pressure on the sprouts, then hold pulse until the feed tube is empty. Repeat as needed until all are done. This gives a better cut than just dropping in while it's running..
- In a bowl large enough to hold and mix all the cut sprouts, add the mustard, lemon juice and salt..
- Dice onion/shallot add it to the bowl. Whisk it..
- Add 1 Tbl oil, whisk it in, repeat 1 Tlb at a time whisking each in until all 6 have been incorporated..
- Grind some black pepper in, whisk it in.
- Just dump your sliced sprouts on top of the dressing, mix well.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add your cheese, and nuts if using.
- Mix well.
- You can let it sit if you need to, or serve immediately.