You can have Fig Compote using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Compote
- You need 3 of Figs.
- It’s 120 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Red wine (optional).
Fig Compote instructions
- Cut off the stems of the figs. If you are going to peel the skins, you should place the skins in a tea pack and simmer them with the fig..
- Place the figs into a pot without overlapping. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and red wine. Add just enough water to cover the figs and then simmer on low heat..
- After 10 minutes, once the figs have softened, it's done. You can store these for about 1 month in a sterilized jar..
- If you peel the skins and use red wine, they'll have a pink tinge like this..