You can have Fig Cake using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Cake
- It’s 2 of Eggs (separate the yolks and whites).
- You need 100 grams of Butter or margarine (brought to room temperature).
- Prepare 100 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 100 grams of Flour.
- Prepare 5 of Figs.
Fig Cake instructions
- Rinse the figs and cut into 6 equal pieces; they taste better when they are cut thickly..
- Whisk the butter, stir in the sugar, then add the egg yolks and mix until evenly combined..
- Sift in the flour and combine it with a rubber spatula (mix it almost to paste-like consistency)..
- Whip the egg whites into a meringue in a separate bowl. Fold half of the meringue and into the Step 2 batter. Add the rest of the meringue and gently fold it in..
- Pour the batter into the cake mold, flatten the surface and arrange the figs on top. It's best to place as many figs as possible. Bake it in the oven at 180℃ for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- You can see from this angle that the figs are cut rather thickly..
- This cake is typically made with apricots, but it is also delicious with prunes or figs. Peaches are too watery and apples are too dry for this cake..
- Slightly unripe fruits are more suited for this cake than the ripe ones..
- This is the prune version. Purple prunes become a pretty pink color as shown in the photo here..