Fig Soda Bread.
You can cook Fig Soda Bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Soda Bread
- It’s 1 of Fig (dry or semi-dry).
- Prepare 250 grams of White flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 100 ml of Plain yogurt.
Fig Soda Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Sift all the dry ingredients together. Combine the milk and yogurt..
- In a bowl with the sifted dry ingredients, add the fig, cut into bite-sized pieces, and mix lightly..
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add the milk and yogurt mixture. Fold it until incorporated (do not knead)..
- Roll the dough into a round shape and place it onto a cookie sheet. Dust it with a small amount of cake flour (not listed) with a tea strainer. Make a shallow crisscross slit with a slightly wet knife..
- Bake it in the oven for 35 minutes. Lower the temperature to 170℃ and bake another 10 minutes and it is done..
- Insert a toothpick in the center. If dough sticks on it, bake a little longer..