Coleslaw. Coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning 'cabbage salad'), also known as cole slaw or simply slaw, is a side dish consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, commonly either vinaigrette or mayonnaise. Here's a classic coleslaw recipe made with thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, and green onion. It's seasoned with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar dressing.
This easy and creamy coleslaw dressing is a breeze to make and much better than store-bought dressing! As in, the classic, with green cabbage, shredded carrots, and creamy If you're looking for a solid, dependable coleslaw that promises to play nice with all the burgers and. Our favorite coleslaw dressing is quick to make and calls for simple ingredients. You can cook Coleslaw using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coleslaw
- Prepare 1/2 of fennel bulb.
- You need 1/2 of small green or white cabbage.
- It’s 1/4 of small red cabbage (optional).
- Prepare 1 of large carrot.
- You need 1 of small red onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of sea salt (sea salt flakes best).
- Prepare of zest grated of ½ lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of mixed fennel and caraway seeds, toasted in a dry skillet and coarsely ground in a pestle and mortar.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped dill.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of natural full-fat yoghurt.
- You need 1 of drizzle of runny honey.
Coleslaw is easy to make in advance. The vegetables can be shredded a day or two in advance and kept in a resealable. 🎦 Coleslaw. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Cole slaw" redirects here. Make it creamy or light to enjoy with your barbecue.
Coleslaw step by step
- Finely shred the cabbages and fennel, using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Coarsely grate or julienne the carrot, slice the onion very finely. Place everything in a large bowl, add the sea salt and mix in well – best rub the salt in with your hands. Leave for 20 minutes – it will wilt and soften..
- Transfer the vegetables into a colander or a large sieve and rinse very well under cold running water, then leave them to drain. Spread them on at least a double layer of paper towels on a board or work surface and squeeze out the moisture..
- Transfer to a clean bowl, add the lemon zest, the fennel and caraway seeds, herbs and season with black pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice. Stir in the yoghurt and honey and check for seasoning..
Coleslaw is a summer staple, perfect at barbecues or atop a pile of pulled pork. But our easy coleslaw recipes are brilliant all year round from Tom Kerridge's hardcore coleslaw to the Hairy Bikers' light. Coleslaw o Ensalada de Col al Estilo Kentucky Fried Chicken. Type of cabbage for Coleslaw – green cabbage is the classic. Red cabbage is great too (but will bleed colour slightly), savoy and Napa cabbage can also be used.