My BCT coleslaw recipe. Recipe shortcut: use bagged coleslaw mix. As an alternative, you can buy bags of pre-shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix. If you don't believe that our recipe helps you achieve the best coleslaw from scratch, take a look at what our readers are saying about.
Sure, it's a little bit more work to slice everything, but it's very fast. So why post a third cole slaw recipe on the same site? Well, it's the CLASSIC summer side dish and I love options. You can have My BCT coleslaw recipe using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of My BCT coleslaw recipe
- You need 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 2-4 slices of fresh cooked hickory smoked bacon (chopped or crumbled).
- You need 1 of large head of green cabbage.
- You need 1 pkg of coleslaw dressing (I will put a pic of it in directions).
- You need 3/4 cup of mayo.
- You need 1 tbsp of Hidden Valley Ranch powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of salt, pepper, Mccormick vegetable seasoning.
- Prepare as needed of shredded carrots (optional) I didn't use, because I don't care for them. Plus, my coleslaw dressing mix pkg had a little bit of them made in it. Which works perfectly for me. lol.
Easy ColeSlaw Recipes: KFC Cole Slaw: Made with milk, buttermilk, lemon juice chopped cabbage, onion and. Luckily, my mom isn't super protective of her recipes. Coleslaw is one of those dishes that I sort of avoided as a kid. My grandma loved coleslaw and it was often on the family dinner table.
My BCT coleslaw recipe step by step
- Wash veggies, and cut them.(tomato, onion, cabbage.) You can use a food processor for cabbage if you prefer, but I hand chopped so I could have somewhat smaller and bigger pieces..
- I popped the bacon in the oven on a baking sheet with either aluminum foil, or parchment paper at 400 degrees. If you have a thicker cut bacon, do 350 for a longer amount of time, as it can cook slower while u dice veggies. Also, I didn't flip bacon over, and it turns out perfectly. Then lay them on a plate with paper towel, to soak up grease. Let cool, then chop up..
- In a bigger bowl, add pkg of coleslaw dressing mix, mayo, lemon juice, and 1 TBSP ranch dressing powder, and whisk it together..
- Add all the veggies, and chopped bacon a little at a time, while mixing together. Add the salt, pepper, and veggie Mccormick seasoning, and stir one last time..
This recipe is for haters and lovers of coleslaw alike. Full of wonderful textures and great umami flavor, it is impossible to only have one serving of this moreish dish. No summer potluck is complete without a big bowl of coleslaw, and we happen to think our recipe is the absolute best. Mayo dressing is the classic when it comes to coleslaw. We find that mayo based dressing can sometimes be overly heavy or cloyingly sweet and fatty.