Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib.
You can cook Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib using 33 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib
- Prepare of ● For The Prime Rib.
- Prepare 1 (12 lb) of Prime Rib [bone in – room temp – twined].
- Prepare of ● For The Rub [you may need to double].
- It’s as needed of Garlic Olive Oil o to coat rib].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worshestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Extra Fine Minced Garlic [jarred].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need of ● For The Options [all as needed].
- It’s of Au Jus Sauce [be sure to make extra].
- You need of Leidenheimer Bread [preferred if you can find it].
- Prepare of Large Soft Sub Rolls.
- Prepare of Sliced Swiss Cheese.
- You need of Thin Sliced Green Bell Peppers.
- You need of Thin Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Vidalia Onions.
- You need of Thin Sliced Red Onions.
- You need of Thin Shredded Lettuce.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Dill Pickles.
- You need of Sliced Banana Peppers.
- You need of Horseradish Sauce.
- It’s of Garlic Butter & Frying Oil.
- It’s of Fresh Rosemary Sprigs [prime rib garnish].
- It’s of Fresh Flat Parsley [prime rib garnish].
- Prepare of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
- It’s of Thick Brown Gravy.
- It’s of ● For The Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 of LG Disposable Pan.
- It’s 1 of Lifted Rack.
- It’s 1 of Digital Meat Thermometer.
Mike's 5 Way Juicy Prime Rib instructions
- Bring your 12 lb prime rib to room temperature..
- Make your dry rub and whisk..
- Coat prime rib with garlic olive oil and coat well with seasonings..
- Roast at 400° covered for 15 minutes on a lifted rack then 20 minutes per pound at 325°. You'll want an internal temperature of 120° for rare. Pictured is rare. Allow to sit for 20 minutes covered then serve..
- Create your Au Jus for dipping. Be sure to make extra for Roast Beef Sandwiches and Po Boys. Just use your drippings and McCormick easy Au Jus mix. Substitute half of water called for with beef stock. It's a little salty. That's why no salt is added to the rub..
- Sliced roast beef sandwich with horseradish, grilled onions, grilled peppers, mushrooms and swiss cheese on toasted rolls. Serve with hot Au Jus for dipping..
- BBQ Roast Beef sandwich pictured with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, fresh red and white onions and crispy pickles on toasted rolls. Cole Slaw goes great on these as well. Today we took the cheaters way out and added KFC Cole Slaw to some.😊.
- Toasted Roast Beef Po Boys pictured with grilled onions & bell peppers, brown gravy, fresh crispy thin sliced lettuce, banana peppers, pickles and firm tomatoes. Serve on Leidenheimer bread if at all possible. It's made only in New Orleans but they ship. Serve with hot Au Jus for dipping..
- Traditional Old Sober [or yakimein] Soup pictured. See my detailed recipie if interested. It's a delicious New Orleans creation..
- Consider serving with creamed spinach, stacked baked potatoes or corn on the cob. Anyway you do it – as always – enjoy! Garnish with fresh rosemary..