Roasted Figs with Balsamic and Rosemary.
You can have Roasted Figs with Balsamic and Rosemary using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Roasted Figs with Balsamic and Rosemary
- It’s 6 of Figs.
- You need 1 Cup of Sugar.
- It’s 3 of Butter Chunks of (Cold).
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Rosemary.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of water.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Sugar Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Rum Spiced (Optional).
Roasted Figs with Balsamic and Rosemary step by step
- Clean the Figs and pat them dry, take a stalk of rosemary,remove the leaves and pierce the stocks into the figs. Pierce in such a way that all 3 figs are within the rosemary stalk, do this with other 3 figs as well..
- Scatter some powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar. Set it aside to marinade. Refrigerate if required. Make sure the Balsamic vinegar and sugar have coated on the figs..
- In a non stick pan add 1 cup of sugar to make the caramel, Once the sugar starts browning turn down the heat and add knobs of cold butter. The Butter cools the caramel and you will instantly see the color change to amber brown. Whisk to combine..
- If the caramel is too thick, you can add a table spoon of water and then add 2 table spoons of Balsamic vinegar. Whisk again and your caramel will turn to a dark brown to black hue..
- Add 2 tablespoons of Spiced rum and then flambe it. This step is optional and only do it if you know how to flambe, since it can be dangerous. The alcohol will reduce and give a distinct aroma and taste to the caramel..
- Meanwhile take out the marinated Figs and add them to the caramel. Base the caramel over the figs and add any left over marinade into the caramel. (Make sure the heat is to the lowest setting).
- Let it sit in the pan for about 2 mins and then transfer it to the oven at 180 deg oven for 10 mins. Remove from the oven after 10 mins and let it rest for a while. If you have no oven then turn the heat to low and cook in the pan and keep basing the figs for 10-15 mins..
- Take out of the pan, remove the stalks and place it over a clean plate and drizzle the sauce over it and serve with Ice Cream or Creme Fraiche..