Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble.
You can have Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. This is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 3 of Granny Smith Apple.
- It’s 6 of dried figs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soft brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 tbsp of mixed peel (optional).
- It’s of Crumble Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of soft brown sugar.
- You need 50 grams of butter (softened).
- You need 1 tsp of mixed peel (optional).
Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble step by step
- Peel, core, and dice apples into small pieces. Dice figs..
- Mix flour,sugar, and spices together in a thick based saucepan. Slowly add 12 cup of boiling water to make a smooth paste. (Its important that you add the water last, or you will get lumps).
- Stir in apples, figs, and the remaining water. Add more water if necessary. (At this point I often throw in a spoonful of mixed peel, for a bit of extra zest, this is optional.).
- Bring to boil and then let simmer over a mediumlow heat with the lid on for ten minutes or until apples begin to soften..
- While the apples are cooking, preheat oven to 180°C..
- To make the crumble: mix flour and sugar together, then add the butter. Mix with your fingers to get a nice crumble. Add more flour (by the teaspoon) if it is too sticky, more butter if it is too dry..
- Spread the cooked apple and fig into your piebaking dish and smooth it out. Sprinkle crumble mix evenly over the top. (I make this recipe using individual portions, so I get a nice thick layer of crumble. I also sprinkle some mixed peel on top).
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top..
- Serve it hot or cold. It is also good with custard, cream, or ice cream..