Salsa Verde chicken enchiladas. These green chicken enchiladas are so simple to make. With salsa verde, chicken, sour cream, cheese, and cilantro, they are a tasty, quick, and easy dinner. Jump to the Chicken Enchiladas Recipe or watch our quick video below to see how we make it.
The salsa verde is dead simple to make and the rest is assembly — a task that grows markedly easier each time you do it. Don't let the one-hour prep time on these enchiladas scare you. Use some leftover roast chicken, or buy a roast chicken at the market on the way home, and you'll save at least. You can have Salsa Verde chicken enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Salsa Verde chicken enchiladas
- You need 1 cup of reduced fat four cheese mexican blend.
- You need 1 cup of light sour cream.
- Prepare 5 of large whole wheat tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cup of salsa verde (green chili).
- You need 1 lb of cooked and shredded chicken.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese (optional but so good).
You will be using cooked chicken for this chicken enchilada casserole. In the recipe I have you cook some chicken thighs at home. Sprinkle ¾ cups of the chopped cilantro on top of the onions. Evenly spread the salsa verde over the cilantro.
Salsa Verde chicken enchiladas instructions
- Cook the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350..
- When chicken is almost done cooking; heat minced garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds..
- Add salsa Verde to the garlic and let heat all the way through..
- Add half cup of sour cream and half cup of cheese to the salsa Verde. Stir and turn down to low heat..
- Add cream cheese and break up clumps.
- Finish cooking chicken. Shred with two forks..
- Add shredded chicken to salsa Verde mix..
- Put half cup of chicken salsa Verde mix in the bottom of the baking dish..
- Add half cup of chicken mixture to 5 tortillas with the seams down. Use the other half cup of the sour cream and half cup of cheese to spread on top of the enchiladas..
- Bake for 20 min.
Salsa verde, green chiles, leftover rotisserie chicken and Monterey Jack cheese make for the best weeknight enchiladas ever! And that's these weeknight green chicken enchiladas. It's super simple and easy to assemble, and you get to repurpose leftover rotisserie chicken. These Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas are made with a creamy and delicious filling, and smothered with cheese. They will kick any Mexican food craving!