You can cook Fig Jam using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Jam
- It’s 4 of Figs (about 400 g).
- It’s 160 grams of Granulated sugar (or caster sugar), (about 40% of the weight of the figs).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Fig Jam instructions
- Peel the figs (they can be easily peeled by hand), and slice..
- Add the figs to a pot and add the sugar and lemon juice on top. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Cook over a low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Mash with a spatula as you cook and skim off any residue that floats to the surface..
- When it looks like this, it's ready!.
- Sterilize the jars in boiling water. Pour the jam into the jars, put the lids on, flip upside down and let cool..
- I really recommend trying it mixed in with natural yogurt!.