Dawn's "Momma Fried Chicken".
You can cook Dawn's "Momma Fried Chicken" using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Dawn's "Momma Fried Chicken"
- It’s 4 of whole chicken leg quarters, thawed/separated (8 pieces).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil (for frying).
Dawn's "Momma Fried Chicken" step by step
- In a bowl whisk eggs & water together..
- In a large bowl combine flour and spices; mixing well..
- One piece at a time, put chicken into egg, then into flour mixture. Add back into egg and again into flour. (be sure to shake off excess flour with each dredging). Repeat with each piece..
- In a non-stick pan, add 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Turn on med-low heat..
- Carefully add chicken to heated oil. Cook covered, for 12 to 15 minutes. Turn over and cook another 10 to 14 minutes. Set on paper towels to absorb excess oil..
- NOTE: Remember as it cooks the oil temperature will rise. So cooking time will be less on the 2nd side. For thicker pieces, (thigh or breast–bone in), I cook skin side down first..
- I have a 12-inch non-stick pan and cook mine in batches depending on the size of the chicken pieces..
- When I make my dredge I don't measure anything but the flour. So the above is just a guesstimate. Feel free to play around with the amount of spices you use. I use more pepper, cinnamon, & chili powder than anything else..