Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉.
You can cook Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉 using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉
- You need 4 cup of cubed leftover fried chicken ( skin and breading included, deboned).
- You need 2 medium of onions, large diced.
- You need 6 large of carrots (large sliced).
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery (large sliced).
- You need 1 cup of baby kale (chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet peppers (small diced).
- It’s 3 medium of red skin potatoes (cut in bite sized pieces, skin on).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 6 tbsp of jarred minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of whole dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried chives.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of homemade chicken stock.
- Prepare 8 cup of water (more when needed).
- You need 1 of chicken boullion cube.
- It’s 1 lb of potato gnocci.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of topping: rye croutons and cheese.
- Prepare 4 cup of plain rye bread cubes.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Fried Chicken Soup for your soul family 😉 step by step
- To make croutons: preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool, set aside..
- To make the soup:.
- In a large pot or stock pot pour in water, chicken stock, boullion cube, add carrots, onion, potato, celery, kale, sweet pepper, basil, rosemary, ginger, garlic, chives, salt and pepper..
- Bring to a boil. And slow boil for 1 1/2 hours..
- Add water as needed..
- Add chicken (breading and all). Slow boil another half hour or untiol veggies are tender but slightly firm..
- Add minimal water as needed..
- Add gnocci and cook until its done. Do not add anymore water, you want it to thicken up now..
- Wisk eggs in a bowl..
- Slowly stir eggs into soup..
- Bring to a boil and then immedietly remove from heat..
- Pour soup into serving bowls. Top with rye croutons and shredded cheese of choice. (I used colby jack).
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
- If you use canned chicken stock/broth, go for low or no sodium..