Graham cracker fried chicken. Next, bread the chicken: first dip it in the egg, let the excess drip off, and then roll it in the graham cracker crumbs. Set the coated chicken on a plate. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl.
Combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip ice cream balls in cream, then roll in crumb mixture. We sprinkled ours with cinnamon sugar after frying. You can cook Graham cracker fried chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Graham cracker fried chicken
- It’s 1 cup of Graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of plain panko.
- You need 3 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 of oil.
- Prepare 3 lb of cut up chicken.
Next time I might add some crushed up cornflakes along with the graham crackers. These graham cracker cookies possess the qualities of any desirable cookie: crispy around the edges, with a super-soft, chewy center. Process the graham crackers in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment until they are completely broken down into crumbs and have a sandy texture. Putting together a graham cracker crust is not hard at all—and it comes together quickly.
Graham cracker fried chicken instructions
- Soak chicken in buttermilk for 30 min at room temp turning occasionally.
- Mix all dry ingredients together by whisking.
- Dredge soaked chicken in dry mix.
- The recipe said to fry in 2inches of oil in a large cast iron skillet..I didn't have that do I used my fryer. Worked fine.
Use this recipe to make cream pies, key lime pie, cheesecake Just crush some graham crackers—you can do that, right? Crunchy cracker crumbs can make a great fried chicken coating. The hallmark of great fried chicken is a crunchy exterior encasing moist meat. The crushed saltine shards we use for coating the chicken fry up extra-crisp and golden, with a leavening assist from cornstarch and baking powder. This graham cracker crust is not as sweet as most others.