You can cook Hot Salsa using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Hot Salsa
- It’s 7 lb of Fresh tomatoes(approximately 22 medium).
- You need 3 each of Green peppers.
- Prepare 12 each of Jalapeño peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped cilantro.
- You need 4 each of Large sweet onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 4 tsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 4 each of Habanero peppers( if you like it really hot!).
Hot Salsa instructions
- Chop onions, cilantro, green peppers, jalepeno peppers, and the habanero peppers if you are adding them..
- Blanch the tomatoes in hot water( approximately 150 degrees) for 3 minutes. Transfer to a cold water bath..
- Core and peel the tomatoes and run them through a salsa strainer..
- Pour the strained tomatoes into a large pot and add all of the other ingredients..
- Stir well and bring to a boil. Transfer the mixture to jars while hot for sealing. Add lids and tighten bands firmly. Jars will seal as salsa cools..
- Makes approximately 12 pint jars..