Dairy free fried chicken. I made gluten free dairy free fried chicken. I am pretty sure my husband will stay with me forever now. Yes, I know Southern fried chicken is not the healthiest thing in the world for you, but it has been a year since my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease, and consequently since he has eaten.
Our friend's son requires a gluten free and dairy free diet. I wanted to create a fried chicken recipe that would be delicious and in line with his needs. The crust is thick and savory with a hint of sweetness from the cream of coconut. You can have Dairy free fried chicken using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Dairy free fried chicken
- You need of Chicken brine (optional).
- You need 1 gallon of water.
- Prepare 10 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of lemons halved.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic split.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s 2 cup of kosher or table salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 8 piece of chicken (2 legs, breast, thighs,wings) or whatever you prefer.
- Prepare of Seasoned flour.
- You need 8 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of garlic powder (or granulated).
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Onion powder (or granulated).
- You need 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt and pepper.
- You need of Slurry.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s 2 quart of Canola, vegetable or peanut oil…your preference.
If you can't have traditional fried chicken, this is next best thing! Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Buttermilk Fried Chicken. And in this case specifically… dairy- and gluten-free fried chicken. But still using the buttermilk I so desperately love!
Dairy free fried chicken step by step
- Combine all brine ingredients and bring to a boil. Then cool down and put chicken pieces in covered for up to 12 hours (minimal of 1 hour). Brine can be made 3 days ahead of time.
- For slurry mix flour and water together in mixing dish. Should be a heavy cream consistency..
- After you pull your chicken out of the brine, put into the flour water mixture and then each piece into the seasoned flour and put on a flour dusted dish or directly into the frying oil. Oil should be at 275 for about 15 minutes for thighs and breasts and about 10 minutes for legs and thighs..
Finally a gluten-free AND egg-free fried chicken that is crisp and flavorful. I am American, and therefore love me some fried chicken. Unfortunately, regular fried chicken is usually put in buttermilk (dairy) and then dipped in egg, and then dredged in flour. Gluten Free Dairy Free Ground Beef Recipes. Dairy Free Baked Chicken Breast Recipes.