Popcorn Chicken Thighs with Tangy Sweet and Sour Sauce.
You can have Popcorn Chicken Thighs with Tangy Sweet and Sour Sauce using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Popcorn Chicken Thighs with Tangy Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs.
- It’s 5 cup of corn oil.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 4 large of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 9 oz of apricot jelly.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of quarter inch coin of ginger.
Popcorn Chicken Thighs with Tangy Sweet and Sour Sauce instructions
- Why thighs? They are just tastier than breasts, and they are cheaper, and your company/kids won't know when they are covered in dredge. Wash the thighs thoroughly and unfurl them. Boneless thighs can be unrolled..
- Lay out about 2 feet of plastic wrap on a clean surface..
- Place an unfurled thigh in the center of one foot of plastic wrap, and then pull the other foot over the thigh..
- Grap a culinary mallet or your favorite heavy gauge hammer, and pound the thigh mercilessly, like it's some sort of therapy session. You are looking to reduce it to tatters. Rip the remnants up with your hands into popcorn size bits, and pile them in a bowl. Repeat for all the chicken..
- In a 2 or 3qt saucepan, heat about 2 inches of corn oil on medium heat. I'm guesstimating it's about 5 cups..
- Mix the flour, turmeric, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper..
- The chicken tatters go into the eggs, and then the flour dredge. Toss the flour dredge on to the tatters and lightly toss. Then, toss the dredged tatters into the pan with the hot oil..
- Cook the tatters until golden, keeping enough space in the pan between tatters to maintain their independence. If you have any thick pieces, keep them in a bit longer, and be sure to remove from heat the little pieces before the big ones. Cooked bits should be placed on a plate of paper towels to drain..
- Blend the jelly, juice, sugar, vinegar, soy, and ginger into a fine, loose, puree..
- Pour some of the pureed sauce into a dipping bowl, and serve with the popcorn chicken..