Northern Fried Chicken.
You can cook Northern Fried Chicken using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Northern Fried Chicken
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 each of eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of bbq sauce.
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 6 of oil.
Northern Fried Chicken step by step
- I don't have a deep fryer, so I pour my oil in a deep frying pan. Get it hot…I get it up to at least 400℉.
- Get two separate bowls…one for your dry ingredients, one for the liquids..
- In one bowl throw the flour in and season it up. I use garlic pepper, paprika, salt, Italian seasonings, etc. Use what you like..
- In the other bowl, beat the eggs senseless, add a splash of milk and your sauce (some use hot sauce, some use wostershestershire, I like a tangy bbq like "open pit") and whip it all together well..
- Get your defrosted boneless chicken breast and rinse it, pat it dry…water and oil don't mix 😉 Cut the chicken into even strips..
- Dip the chicken into the dry flour/seasonings mix, shake off excess, then dip into the egg wash, then back into the flour again sort of "shaking gently" to remove the excess flour and then toss into the hot oil..
- Keep an eye on it so when the chicken submerged in the oil has a browned coating, flip it over so the other side can cook. Make sure it's nice and browned and the chicken should be cooked all the way through. Obviously want to check and make sure by cutting into the larger pieces (unless you cut them all to be exactly the same size and weight and thickness) and making sure there is no pink..
- Repeat previous two steps as necessary. When you take the chicken out of the oil, I usually place on a paper plate with paper towel so I can pat dry the excess oil left on them as they come out..