Buttermilk fried chicken. Chicken is so moist and crispy. Buttermilk the Key to Perfect Fried Chicken. Soaking the chicken overnight in buttermilk helps tenderize it, and the chicken stays tender when you fry it.
How to make buttermilk fried chicken tenders. Begin by combining the chicken tenderloins with a mixture of buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Lightly season buttermilk and soak the chicken pieces in the marinade for several hours. You can cook Buttermilk fried chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Buttermilk fried chicken
- Prepare 1 of fryer chicken, cut up.
- You need 1 of oil, for frying.
- Prepare of buttermilk marinade.
- Prepare 1/2 gallon of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of flour dredge.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Eat buttermilk fried chicken while it's hot or enjoy cold leftovers the next day. The egg-enriched buttermilk mixture makes for an especially crunchy and craggy coating for this fried chicken recipe. Here is a basic yet delicious recipe for buttermilk fried chicken, with a crisp crust and luscious interior. Learn this recipe and perfect your frying technique, and then expand your fried chicken repertoire.
Buttermilk fried chicken instructions
- Place all marinade ingredients in a plastic zip top bag and squish to combine..
- Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and place on countertop for 1 hour, turning occasionally..
- Place about 2" oil in large shallow pan and preheat over medium high to 350°. (Oil should be hot but not screaming hot.).
- Place all flour dredge ingredients in large paper bag. Add chicken pieces, fold top of bag over to close, and shake well. -or- mix dredge ingredients on a plate and turn chicken on plate to coat..
- When oil is hot, place thighs in oil, skin side down. Wait 1 minute then add the breasts, skin side down. Wait 2 minutes then add the legs. Wait 2 minutes then add the wings, if there is room in the pan. Don't overcrowd the pan. Try to maintain oil temp of 350°..
- Cook chicken until golden brown on the first side, then turn, about 9 minutes after adding the wings. Cook on the other side until golden, about 10 minutes. Check chicken for doneness… meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat should read 165°..
- Remove chicken and drain on another large paper bag. Serve immediately..
This is the Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe ever! Our long search has finally ended. BUT, we finally figured out the right formula for the best buttermilk fried chicken recipe ever. Chicken gets brined in flavorful buttermilk before hitting the fryer for a crisp, golden crust. For me, as a kid growing up in New York, fried chicken came from one place, and one place only: those.